Transformation is possible:
And one of the most powerful ways to change how you feel and transform your mindset, is with meditation.
This is an incredibly rewarding practice that helps you refocus back to the present moment.
So how does mindfulness work?
Well, it can start with a simple counting of your breathe – in and out, counting each time and then resetting once you hit 10 counts. But it’s not quite as easy as it sounds:
But no matter how hard you try, sometimes it feels almost impossible to do that.
Sometimes your mind will wonder, get bored and feel distracted on things that are either in the past or the future.
But what you practice, will get easier.
And the more you wire your brain to focus on meditation and mindfulness, your neurons grow and create new connections in your brain.
How Mindfulness Works
But don’t get me wrong:
Mindfulness isn’t just about paying attention.
It’s also the way you pay attention and focus on the present moment.
Don’t worry about whether you’re doing it right or whether you’re getting good at mindfulness.
Instead, just focus on 1 thing:
Let all the background noise seep away and float into the atmosphere, letting your mind detangle from the stress, worries and problems you may be facing on that particular day.
The other thing is, that in reality, mindfulness never ends.
It’s not like it starts when you sit down to meditate, and then stops when you finish meditating.
In fact, far from it!
Every single moment you’re conscious, you can practice mindfulness:
- You can practice when you’re stuck in traffic, mindfully not reacting to the stress of being stuck in traffic.
- You can practice mindfully being compassionate when you talk to your colleagues, even if they’re not acting in the manner you’d like.
- You could even practice counting your steps, as you go for your morning walk to the office.
As you can see, with whatever you’re doing, there’s always a way to integrate mindfulness into that particular task.
More useful resources for mindfulness and meditation:
- Meditation, Feed Your Brain
- 5 Profound Quotes on Meditation and Enlightenment
- Resources For Mindfulness
- Mindfulness Meditation for Health Care Providers
- Does mindfulness work for depression?
- 3 frames to visualize success in the New Year
- Meditation for Anxiety – Does it help?
- A collection of useful meditation resources
- The Importance Of Mindfulness & Meditation
- What I Learned from 1,000 Days of Meditation
- Manifestation And Meditation – How A Quiet Mind Attracts An Abundant Life
- Thaw of the Soul – Meditations & Poems
- Meditation For Financial Abundance
- The Best Essential Oils for Meditation
- Very interesting resource for Zen Meditation!
- Gravity and Meditation
- Interesting list of meditation related blogs
- How to break free with meditation
- Meditation: A Simple, Fast Way To Reduce Stress
- How To Take Time to Meditate at Work
- How the Brain Works during Different Types of Meditation
- 7 Ways to Develop Your Intuition/Inner Guidance System
- How to Find Peace of Mind Through Accepting Uncertainty
How Mindfulness Could Transform Your Life
The real question you should be asking yourself is, what do you want from mindfulness?
This will fuel your motivation to regularly practice mindfulness.
Now this doesn’t mean you should go into a meditation session expecting a result.
Instead, you should think about how it could benefit and transform your life.
The truth is, the less stress you feel, the easier it is to enjoy life, to embrace it and to succeed at everything you want to achieve.
Mindfulness gives you clarity, higher levels of productivity and best of all, makes you feel good.
When you practice mindfulness, you’re also cultivating a sense of gratitude – which will enrich your life.
You can even find props like a gratitude journal to help you mindfully develop your sense of gratitude.
- 13 Relaxation Tips That Won’t Break The Bank!
- What Is Reiki? Check out this useful guide.
- An In Depth Look at Meditation + What Science Has to Say
- How to Combine Meditation with Workouts for Better Health
- 3 Relaxation Techniques to Try During a Study Break
- Top Four Benefits Of Guided Meditation In Recovery
- What You Should Be Doing In The Morning Instead Of Checking Social Media
- How meditation technique repairs the brain processes that aspartame destroys
- MINDFULNESS CAN HELP TREAT TINNITUS
- 3 EASY WAYS TO GET YOUR GROOVE BACK INSTANTLY
Benefits Of Meditation & Mindfulness
- Improving your ability to manage stress
- More resilience and strength to recover from problems
- Physical benefits such as lower blood pressure
- Feeling more compassionate towards others and former deeper connections with the people you know
- Feeling more in tune with your day to day life, rather than being distracted
- Improved productivity
- Higher levels of confidence