With all information known to man at our fingertips and portable devices that allow us to tap into the web almost anywhere, there are a tonne of ways you can earn money online with very little effort.
This article will be exploring 10 of the most popular ways you can start earning through the internet instantly.
- Matched Betting. Don’t panic – I’m not suggesting you blow all of your money on gambling in the hope of earning big. Tonnes of betting agencies offer free bets when you bet using them (bet £20 and receive a free £20 bet, for example. By taking advantage of these free bets you can earn serious amounts of money for doing virtually nothing. Coral.co.uk are offering £20 worth of free bets for betting just £5 which is just one of a tonne of free-bet offers out there. Search around and make the most of these while you still can!
- Surveys. A classic way of earning money online is through surveys. They require incredibly little effort and can be done from literally anywhere with wi-fi. The great thing about using online surveys is that you can do as many as you wish and whenever you wish. You’re not tied into doing a set amount per day/week and can simply just log in, power through a couple and get paid whenever you have a few moments to spare. Opinion Outpost and SurveyMonkey are the most reputable platforms for surveying. Just set up and account, put in your details and get going free of charge!
- Blogging. Blogging is an excellent way not only to earn money online but to promote other business/products you already sell. A blog is simply just a website to which you post regular content, or ‘blog posts’, to your audience. You may decide to run a travel blog and post about where to go on holiday, perhaps you run a blog all about football and updates for your favourite teams – whatever it is make sure you choose a specialised niche to maximise your traffic. WordPress and Squarespace offer low prices for excellent website-creation tools to help you get started.
- Rewards cards. Rewards cards are a super simple way of earning money for making no changes to your daily routine and simply doing exactly what you already do anyway. Rewards cards will award you points every time you spend money (Costa offer a card that gives you 10 points every time you spend £1, for example) that can be redeemed on a whole host of prizes – free hotel rooms, holidays, gift cards – the list is endless. Rewards cards such as the Sapphire Preferred Card will give you a free $500 if you spend $4,000 within 90 days. If you’re likely to spend this much anyway then you’re essentially getting given free money!
- Selling. Having a search around your attic (and wherever else you put unused items) to find items that could be sold is a super easy way to make money and free up some space in your house. Reselling old phones, clothes, whatever it is you can find will earn you a surprisingly high amount of cash. Sites such as Ebay and Gumtree are your best bet for reselling and offer fairly low listing fees too, maximising your profits and earning you more cash.
- Advertising. Advertising can be done in a variety of forms – affiliate marketing, AdSense and direct-selling. Tonnes of companies offer affiliate market programs that you can sign up to simply by having a website. They’ll email you affiliate links to put onto your site and, when people click on your site, you’ll be paid commissions for the money earned by the company. AdSense is a scheme run by Google that allows you to choose ads that relate to your niche and, again, receive commission for each click made.
- Upwork & Fiverr. Upwork and Fiverr are sites that allow employers to publish ads for jobs they have available. If you’re skilled in writing, programming, website creation – practically anything then there’s guaranteed to be a job opportunity out there for you. I’ve completed a tonne of jobs through Upwork – all of which have been done entirely through my laptop. If you love the thought of freelancing and working in your pyjamas/in coffee shops, these websites are definitely for you.
- Create a course. Using a website such as Udemy you can create your very own course to sell at a price. If you’re particularly knowledgeable in a certain area then you most certainly can turn your knowledge into an unlimited source of passive income. Simply converting what you already know into a comprehensive guide hugely increase your monthly profits. Udemy even have a free course on how to create your first course!
- Ebooks. Writing an ebook can take as little as weeks and can earn you money for as long as you live. Simply browsing Amazon’s Kindle store to see which books are selling most frequently at the moment and creating a book to match this demand is a super easy and relatively time-efficient way of earning. Check out our guide on how to write an ebook to get started! To help you make your ebook interesting, use a character count tool to help you keep track of the number of words and characters you use.
- Website flipping. Buying domain names, improving them and selling them at an increased price is another great way to earn some extra cash. Simply browse around for sites that are for sale that may have some potential for adding value, drop in some affiliate links & AdSense campaigns, earn as much as you can from the site and sell it when it begins to run dry. It’s really that simple. You can also check thefinanceshub.com for more guides to making money.